W. Walker Road, North Platte, NE
This site, which served as a relay station for the Pony Express, is thought to have been located near Box Elder Creek, two miles south and one mile west of present-day North Platte, in Lincoln County, Nebraska. The station was listed on the 1861 Overland Mail Company contract. Some historians note confusion between Cold Springs and Jack Morrow’s Ranch, also called the Junction House, which was located twelve miles from Cottonwood Springs. The Cold Springs Pony Express Marker is located approximately one-half mile west of S. Buffalo Bill Ave. on Walker Road.