1913 Federal Building
5th and Jeffers Streets
Funding for this building was appropriated by Congress in 1908, and construction was completed in 1913. Architecturally, it is a fine and relatively rare example of the Renaissance Revival architectural style. Character-defining features of the style include wide overhanging eaves supported by brackets, clay tile covering the roof and impressive second story pilasters. The North Platte Post Office and Federal Building also represents an important period of growth and prosperity in North Platte that brought about a federal presence in the city. The historic building is now the Prairie Arts Center.