The North Platte / Lincoln County Visitors Bureau has been following the rapidly evolving news about Coronavirus (COVID-19) both internationally and domestically. We understand that our community and travelers may be concerned about COVID-19 and how it may affect them.
The North Platte / Lincoln County Visitors Bureau, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, West Central District Health Department and the U.S. Travel Association are committed to ensuring that we provide accurate, updated information about public health conditions in Nebraska. We encourage travelers to follow the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. The health of both our community and travelers is of the utmost importance, and we will be updating this website as additional information and resources become available.
- SBA Disaster Assistance in response to COVID-19
- Short Term Compensation for Layoffs from the Nebraska Department of Labor
- Coronavirus toolkit for Nebraska businesses from the Nebraska State Chamber of Commerce
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- National Disaster Distress Helpline offers 24/7 confidential emotional support for those who have experienced disaster (Pandemic) and may be experiencing distress, including responders, rescue and relief workers. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- The U.S. Travel Association Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
OSHA COVID-19 Control and Prevention
Interim guidance from the United States Department of Labor Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA)
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
SBA provides general guidance as well as information on its efforts with state Governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and nonprofits that have been severely impacted by COVID-19. Working capital loans up to $2 million to help small businesses overcome temporary loss of revenue.
SBA Press Release- Carranza Implements Automatic Deferment on Existing SBA Disaster Loans Through End of 2020- March 23, 2020
SBA Press Release- SBA Offers Disaster Assistance to Nebraska Small Businesses Economically Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19)- March 20, 2020
SBA Fact Sheet- Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Business Retention & Expansion Program – NDED staff, local economic development organization representatives, and utility partners are available to discuss business needs and provide technical assistance (COVID-19 or other topics). These visits/interviews provide information on the local and state business climate that helps shape state economic development policies and programs, including the agency’s response to COVID-19. Visits are available via online platforms or phone call when social distancing is needed.
- Community Development Block Grant-Economic Development (CDBG-ED) – The federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Economic Development category, is administered by NDED. Loans to businesses or infrastructure construction projects undertaken for economic development purposes. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has provided guidance related to COVID-19:
- Provide grants or loans to support new businesses or business expansion to create jobs and manufacture medical supplies necessary to respond to infectious disease.
- Avoid job loss caused by business closures related to social distancing by providing short-term working capital assistance to small businesses to enable retention of jobs held by low- and moderate-income persons.
- Provide technical assistance, grants, loans, and other financial assistance to establish, stabilize, and expand microenterprises that provide medical, food delivery, cleaning, and other services to support home health and quarantine.
Nebraska Department of Insurance
Coronavirus – What Does My Health Insurance Cover?
3/11/2020 Consumer Alert regarding communication with major health insurance carriers in Nebraska regarding COVID-19 benefits (includes employer benefits information)
- Short-Time Compensation (STC) – Helps prevent layoffs by allowing employers to uniformly reduce affected employees’ hours by 10 to 60 percent while permitting the employees to receive a prorated unemployment benefit.
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits – Certain requirements waived in response to COVID-19
HEALTH SERVICES UPDATES
- Mobile Coronavirus screening at North Platte Healthcare Pavilion from 11-1. If you are showing signs and symptoms, contact your primary physician and they will determine the next appropriate steps.
- Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 information line 402-552-6645; hours of operation are 8 a.m.-8 p.m. CST, 7 days a week.
- North Platte Fire Department will continue to provide all emergency services. Please check with your primary care physician regarding cold and flu type symptoms and the need for ambulance transport prior to calling 911. Personnel will be taking additional steps as required based on caller information to provide the greatest level of protection for responders and patients. If you feel you are experiencing an emergency please don’t hesitate to cal 911
- Great Plains Health – Anyone who shows signs of having the COVID-19 Virus please call ahead of time before going to primary care physician or showing up at the Hospital to ensure that precautions have been taken. 308-568-8000
- Great Plains Health is now offering COVID-19 virtual screening visits in the comfort of your own home for no charge. To schedule an appointment, call them at 308-568-8040 M-F, 8 to 5 p.m.
- Great Plains Health is asking people in local construction and agricultural industries to consider donating unsoiled industrial masks, N95 masks or goggles. The North Platte hospital is seeking the donations and further restricting visitor access as it plans for a potential surge of COVID-19 patients.
- Celebrate Recovery – No in person meetings at this time. Check for videos of lessons and testimonies on the facebook page. Small groups will be held via conference calls, one for men and one for women. Call for assistance. Gail Johnson Ministry Leader 3086601001
- Community Connections – the following events and activities are canceled until March 28th: Assets Team Meetings; Impact Team Classes; Youth Leaders Meetings; Mentoring Activities; Prescription Drug Collection.
- Civil Air Patrol – Lee Bird Composite Squadron meetings this week and next cancelled
- Judy Steele’s “What’s It Worth” antique classes will be canceled until further notice.
- RDAP groups and classes canceled through March 30
- Salvation Army – 308-532-2038 Friday night soup supper, food distribution, other services open with some modifications. Call for details.
- HSP Parish – There will be NO Sunday Worship Services until further notice at Hershey, Sutherland, or Paxton United Methodist Church’s effective Sunday March 22, 2020. Live Stream will be available on Facebook at 10:30amCT.
- Holy Spirit Catholic Church – All Mass are currently suspended until further notice. No Daily Mass. Mass on Thursday Only -live stream; Mass Saturday Only -live stream; Mass Sunday Only -live stream. Holy Spirit will be open throughout the week for Adoration. Fr. Sagar will be available from 9:30 am-6:00 pm Saturday and Sunday 9:30 am- 5:00 pm to distribute Holy Communion.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints – All area services canceled until further notice.
- Sutherland Presbyterian Church – no services March 22 and 29.
- City of North Platte – City Hall remains open. People with city business should do it by phone or use the City Hall/Municipal Light & Water drive-up window behind the building. 308-535-6724
- Lincoln County – All county facilities closed to the public until further notice.Call 308-534-4350 to make arrangements for business
- Village of Brady – Office closed to the public through Friday March 27. Please make payments through the dropbox or by mail. Call 308-584-3316 for more information.
- Village of Hershey – Village office closed. Recycling Center closed.
- North Platte Public Transit – Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, North Platte Public Transit will be open from 8 am-5 pm MONDAY – FRIDAY for medical appointments and grocery store trips only. Call 532-1370 to schedule a ride
- RSVP – Closed to the public until further notice
- Village of Sutherland – Closed to the public. Please conduct business by phone, email or through the dropbox. 308-386-4721, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brady Public Schools Grab and Go Lunch and Breakfast. Call the day before, 308-584-3317. Breakfast pickup 8am to 9am, lunch pickup 11am to 12:30pm. Free for children 0-18.
- NPPSD is providing free pre-packed food packs to NPPSD children 18 years old and younger, every other Friday beginning, April 3, 2020, until further notice at the drive-through location at McKinley Education Center, 301 West F Street.
Packs will be provided in pre-packaged bags for all district children ages 18 and younger every-other Friday until further notice.
Enter from F street and circle in front of the McKinley Education Center. Stop at the designated area, pick up your pack, then exit by turning left on Sycamore. Please do not park and/ or get out of your vehicle. Please do not congregate or consume meals on-site.
The distribution will be from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Every – Other Friday beginning April 3, 2020