North Platte Community Playhouse

Fox Sign Lit Up

360-tour-icon

The Neville Center for the Performing Arts, locally known as the old Fox Theater is the home of the North Platte Community Playhouse. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Neville Center, built by Nebraska’s “boy Governor” Keith Neville opened just at the outset of the great depression in October of 1929.

Initially the theater was used for vaudeville productions, but later was utilized as a full-time motion picture theater. The theater closed in 1979, but was donated in 1980 by Mr. Neville’s daughters to the North Platte Community Playhouse. Community members undertook a complete renovation and the theater reopened in 1983 as the Neville Center for the Performing Arts. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.

The North Platte Community Playhouse produces four live plays annually. In addition the Neville Center is the home of NEBRASKAland DAYS’ Frontier Revue, the Miss Rodeo Nebraska Pageant’s Speech Competition and crowning of Miss Teen Rodeo Nebraska, the Town Hall Lecture Series and Concert Series and numerous traveling shows.

North Platte Community Playhouse
301 E. 5th St.
North Platte, NE 69101
www.northplattecommunityplayhouse.com

For more information on current productions and facility availability, contact Director Scott Carlson at 308-532-8559 or northplattecommunityplayhouse@gmail.com